I feel bad, though. I haven't posted in - cough - two weeks *hangs head in shame*. Day job has kept me super busy. I am frantically trying to catch up on other people's blogs today! I had a whole week of blog posts to read, hence my delayed comments on some of yours. But the marketing conference for the day job is over and other stuff shouldn't get in the way as much. I apologize for neglecting you.
Update on my WiP - I'm stuck. So, I've been procrastinating and avoiding it lately. Again, I hang my head in shame. One of my BFFs is looking over my outline and is going to try to help me decide where to go next. I have the whole book outlined, but it's those in-between bits that have me struggling. The finite details. The little nuances and side stories. *sigh* But I WILL NOT GIVE UP! I'm far from giving up, it just stinks to be stuck in this spiral of suck when I haven't even hit the dreaded middle yet.
To the awards!!
My first award came from Anita Grace Howard, who writes YA and adult fantasy and just posted her book trailer for SPLINTERED on the top right of her blog. It looks awesome! It's like a dark Alice in Wonderland story. I can't wait to read it! So, she created the Wonderland Bloggy Awards! She lovingly bestowed this award to me *squee!!*
My second award comes from the lovely Melanie McCullough, who writes mostly horror, urban fantasy and mystery. Plus we have similar tastes in TV Shows. She bestowed upon me this very classy, stylish award. Yippee!!
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 5 new-found blogging buddies.
4. Contact the winners to congratulate them.
So here are my seven random facts:
- I am SCUBA certified - My favorite vacation ever has been my honeymoon, largely because we got to scuba dive for the first time! It was AMAZING. I've always loved the ocean and snorkeling, but scuba literally transports you into a different world. Since our honeymoon nearly three years ago, Hubs and I got scuba certified on Kauai a year ago. I really want to go diving again!
- Like Melanie, I too am very shy. I am horrible at small talk, hence why I never did well at customer service and I don't like big parties very much. I have gotten better and more outgoing over the years. Perhaps I'm beginning to care less what people think about me. I'm getting more comfortable just being myself.
- I just started a fitness challenge sort of like the Biggest Loser. My sister and I are taking a fitness class each week and we're trying to get in shape for our half marathon next month. We get extra points for keeping a food journal. Though it's only been a week, this has been difficult especially at a work conference. It has definitely helped me avoid snacking because then I have to write it down.
- I love Disneyland. I know I've said this before, but I have to say it again because I LOVE it. My favorite ride is probably Pirates of the Caribbean. I can ride it over and over, mostly because it's relaxing and fun and there's treasure! Side note - on our honeymoon in the Caribbean, we ate at a French/New Orleans style restaurant during a thunderstorm by the ocean and it felt like we were in that Pirates world. Loved it!
- One of my favorite movies is Stardust. I love stories about magic and mystery, especially when they're set in a different world in an older, simpler time. I especially love the sky pirate that Robert DeNiro plays.
- I have a cat who loves me and hates Hubs. It's funny and sad at the same time. She's very skittish and doesn't usually come out for anyone except me (and L.T. Host - she loves her!). But she is afraid of Hubs and hisses at him. I think she's jealous of him or something.
- I don't like coffee. Yesterday I even tried a couple sips and I confirmed that I still don't like it. Sometimes I feel left out when everyone has their warm cups in the morning and I have my water. Oh well, I guess it's good that I don't rely on caffeine to wake up.
So there you have it! And now, to give the award 5 new blogging buddies! Feel free to hang it on your blog if you like :).
- Jeigh - I feel like we're kindred spirits. I love her blog.
- Lisa Ritter Cannon from YA Know. She always gives me something to think about and great writing tips.
- Jeanmarie Anaya - Another kindred spirit.
- Linda Grimes - Hilarious! Enough said. I also kind of stole her idea to make up definitions for the verification words (psst - I hope that's OK. You get the credit).
- K.M. Criddle - Not a new buddy, but I love her drawgs so much! She's an awesome crit partner too.
Congrats to my winners and thank you again to Anita and Melanie!!